Watch the video: “What’s Next?” poverty forum on Parliament Hill
On February 14th, the Dignity for All campaign for a poverty-free Canada hosted “What’s Next? How do we Address Poverty in Canada?” on Parliament Hill. Over 130 people – including a significant number of parliamentarians, advocacy groups, and members of the public – attended the public forum, with many more from across the country watching online via our live feed.
John Ibbitson from the Globe and Mail moderated a panel discussion and Q & A with representatives from all parties. Participants expressed a strong desire to continue the non-partisan dialogue established at the event and to work together to identify and implement concrete, achievable measures for ending poverty with broad appeal and support.
- Jean Crowder, NDP
- Senator Jane Cordy, Liberal
- Leilani Farha, Dignity for All
- Jean-François Fortin, Bloc Québécois
- Elizabeth May, Green Party
- Senator Don Meredith, Conservative
- Harriet McLachlan, Canada Without Poverty